Designated Safeguarding Leads
Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) should complete the Children’s MARS Child Protection masterclass training. Once completed, DSLs should not repeat this but should instead do one or a combination of the following, over a two year period…
- A Children’s MARS training module at masterclass level of their choosing. This will be certificated
- Attend some or all of the DSL termly update meetings. These draw upon Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 and Working Together 2018. These will be certificated.
- Complete any relevant national online training
- Record any other training as part of continuous professional development e.g. National conferences or in house training.
This keeps DSLs up to date with local developments, allows them to develop specialist knowledge of specific safeguarding issues that may be more relevant to their specific role/school.
For new DSLs who are unable to book on a Child Protection masterclass due to it being full, a bespoke training session will be arranged. In such cases, please contact email@example.com.
Meeting papers and resources
02 October 2019
- Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and Local Learning Reviews 2019
- Northern Lincolnshire Child Death Review Arrangements 2019
- Ofsted Inspections and Safeguarding – from September 2019
- DWP Family Support
21 March 2019
There is an extensive range of safeguarding training for people working with children, young people and their families. The training programme can be found here
How to book on
To book your place on a course, please complete and return the Course Booking Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
19 & 20 May 2020 9.30am – 4.30pm at Church Square House
18 & 19 August 2020 9.30am – 4.30pm at Church Square House
18 & 19 November 2020 9.30am – 4.30pm at Church Square House
This course will develop an awareness of professional’s responsibilities to safeguard children and the key processes that underpin this.
It is not necessary to repeat this course unless you have been out of front line local practice for more than two years
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Termly Training Session
08 July 2020 09:00-13:30 at Church Square House
These sessions meet Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 and Working Together 2018 requirements.
Topics covered include Ofsted Safeguarding Inspection, Child Death Review, Child Safeguarding Practice Review and Local Learning Reviews.