Children’s MARS Hub
Church Square House
30-40 High St
If you are concerned about a child
If you are concerned that a child is being abused or they may be at risk of harm, you should contact North Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services on:
01724 296500 (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm Friday)
01724 296500 (answerphone – out of office hours and at weekends)
101 – Police non-emergency
999 – Police emergency
Children’s MARS arrangements
The Children’s Multi-Agency Resilience and Safeguarding (MARS) arrangements set out the arrangements for safeguarding partners to work together with other agencies, to identify and respond to the needs of children in North Lincolnshire
The appendices clarify the list of relevant agencies who are linked into our arrangements, along with the agencies who are statutorily required to engage in the Section 11 process, in which the Children’s MARS Board seeks assurance that the agencies are fulfilling their responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
In North Lincolnshire, the safeguarding partner organisations and the lead representatives are:
- North Lincolnshire Council – Chief Executive
- North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group – Accountable Officer
- Humberside Police – Chief Constable
All three safeguarding partners have equal and joint responsibility for local safeguarding arrangements underpinned by equitable and proportionate funding including through any contributions from relevant agencies. Locally, the lead representatives have delegated their functions and each partners has a lead responsibility for a specific portfolio area, which contributes to the delivery plan, as follows:
- Director of Children and Community Resilience, North Lincolnshire Council (Portfolio area – Stakeholder partnership, voice and engagement and Safeguarding Practice Review process)
- Director of Nursing and Quality, North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (Portfolio area – Scrutiny and assurance and Training)
- Designated Officer by the Chief Constable, Humberside Police (Portfolio area – Funding and Performance)
The Children’s MARS Memorandum of Understanding provides further clarity regarding the safeguarding partners’ roles and responsibilities.
Children’s MARS Board
The Children’s MARS Board brings together the safeguarding partners, and other relevant officers, to oversee, innovate and develop the Children’s MARS arrangements and seek assurance regarding the standard of local implementation across the safeguarding system and to ensure children, young people and families are resilient and safeguarded.
The Children’s MARS Board terms of reference provides further detail regarding the board arrangements.