Children’s MARS ‘Shine a Light’ Areas of Focus
There are specific areas of focus in which the Children’s MARS Board wish to ‘shine a light’ on and to maintain oversight of to ensure there is focused partnership action, system change and robust practice to contribute to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and families.
The ‘shine a light’ areas of focus for 2021/22 are:
- Further develop the multi-agency approach to Risk Outside the Home with a focus on harmful sexual behaviour
- Further develop the multi-agency approach to Child Sexual Abuse in the family environment
As well as our specific ‘shine a light’ areas of focus, the Children’s MARS Board adopts a ‘right to roam’ approach and as such, will maintain a line of sight across the early help and safeguarding pathway in order to seek assurance, challenge, shape and influence partnership action and system change, some of which are the responsibility of other partnership and planning frameworks. As part of this, to orientate ‘line of sight’ activity, the Children’s MARS Board will take account of performance, practice wisdom and voice and experiences on wider emerging need and harm.
Further information on our areas of focus and next steps can be found in the Children’s MARS Annual Report which can be found above.
Children’s MARS Arrangements
- Local Arrangements
- Local Arrangements Appendices
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Information Sharing Agreement for learning through Scrutiny and Assurance activity
- Annual Report of Local Arrangements to Safeguard and Promote the Welfare of Children and Young People – 2020/21
Risk Outside the Home Strategy 2022/25
The North Lincolnshire Risk Outside the Home Strategy is set within the context of the One Family Approach. It sets out our response to risk outside the home by building upon the robust multi-agency arrangements already in place for tackling the different forms of risk outside the home.